Whew! It's been fun, but also pretty damn hard. I'm on my feet a lot more with this job than my other job as a special education paraeducator, and yesterday was pretty busy. I'm off today, but tomorrow should be even busier since it's the weekend.
But it's been mostly fun. I met another training supervisor, who happens to also be a musician! He has an album out on iTunes with his former band, Red Light Mind, and it's really good. Has a psychedelic, Hendrixian feel to it. Although he no longer goes around doing performances, he still plays and write songs. We chatted about music during our down times, and he has some great insights.
I made a post on Facebook about JM, which I didn't expect to blow up like it did. But in the end it made me realize how much JM really means to me and so many other people. I got pretty long-winded, but I essentially said I feel like I'm a stronger, braver, and more compassionate person, and JM played a big role in that, not just with his music but also from listening to interviews and watching videos like Eastwood Allen's "Someday I'll Fly".
Got me thinking: what if a bunch of us wrote essays on the impact JM has had in our lives, put them together as a book and sent it to him! It would be nice if they got published and we made a bit of profit, but ultimately just to see JM get it and making his day, if not his week, month or year, would be satisfying enough.
Sounds cool?
No comments:
Post a Comment